I’m Makayla, the gal behind this blog, and since More Than Sparrows has gained some new followers in recent days, I figured it was time to re-introduce myself. Below, you’ll find ten fun facts about me in no particular order whatsoever!
- My favorite Disney princess story is Beauty and the Beast because I admire Belle’s ability to look beyond the physical and fall in love with the Beast’s character.
- When I was 13, I wrote an essay that won me an opportunity to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery, along with three other eighth graders.
- If I could have any three people over to my house as dinner guests, I’d choose King David, Abraham Lincoln, and J.K. Rowling.
- At one point, I wanted to pursue a career in marine biology. That desire has long since flown the coop.
- I danced (ballet and contemporary) for five years and now, I enjoy taking cardio barré classes.
- In 2016, my research on personality, preferences, and marital success won first place in an undergraduate research competition at my school.
- I was crowned Prom Queen at my senior prom.
- Besides the Psalms, my favorite book of the Old Testament is Deuteronomy and my favorite book of the New Testament is Ephesians.
- I have witnessed a craniotomy and a CABG (coronary artery bypass graft). I was a scrubbed-in student observer in the operating room in both cases.
- I would love to travel around the world (visiting at least one country in six of the seven continents…Antarctica might be a little unrealistic), but have yet to set foot out of my home country. Despite my personal lack of travel experience though, I do have snow globes from dozens of countries thanks to my adventurous family members and friends.
So there you have it…ten fun facts about me! Which fact surprised you the most? Let me know in the comments section below!